Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mo Fa Sho


Moira [Moy-ruh]

-noun
1.A wordy and whimsical young woman

-verb
1.To dance like no one is watching, despite an evident audience
2.To introduce oneself on a blog by means of a dictionary format
3.To display extreme favoritism towards Nutter Butter cookies in the snack food aisle (For those on a scavenger hunt...SECRET FACT!)

-adjective
1.lacking in stealth
2.to be adequate in the area of technology; can function on low level programs

Synonyms: Unconventional, enthusiastic

That's just what I found in Webster's...

My name is Moira Allen. I am a San Antonio native, I enjoy playing tennis, drawing, reading David Sedaris and Chuck Palahniuk novels, collecting rocks, and I can wear a spoon on my nose for roughly 38 seconds. I am currently a student worker at the Admissions Office and I am about to become quite involved on campus in PAWS, Art Collective, RUF, and Club Tennis. I plan on double majoring in Anthropology and Art & Art History in order to become a museum curator and/or a photojournalist for National Geographic. I am an avid photographer, and therefore have experience with various photo editing programs including some minor knowledge of PhotoShop, though I'm quite excited to get acquainted with other computer software.

I'm not sure how to end a blog entry so, [insert pleasantry here]

4 comments:

  1. Moira,
    I would just like to inform you that I love how creative your blog entry is. Truly awesome! Whimsical? Yes. Unconventional? Most definitely, but I don't think anyone is complaining. Lacking in stealth? Questionable, but I suppose we will find out as the semester goes on. Excellent entry! I look forward to see what else you can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moira (noun form),
    1. Rollerskating was legit yesterday
    2. What's your favorite Chuck P. book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is, indeed, an awesome introduction - I love your creativity. I'm so glad you are in our class, Moira :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moira! I love your blog! Also...I hope we work in the same museum later in life! I want to be a curator too!!! And you are the first person I've met who is also looking into Art History. This makes me smile big time. :D See you in rollerskating!

    ReplyDelete