Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I have a website...and I'm not pretentious.

Please visit my website, I'll give you a gold star and everyone likes those.

This week, I used the program Expression Web to create a personal website to share with my family and friends. When first starting, I was really confused by the process of web creation, making it difficult for me to do the assignment. However, once I got the hang of it, it turned out to be pretty easy to complete and have fun doing. I made a five page website, but I'd have to say I'm most proud of my gallery page because it took me a while to figure out how to make the photos fit the table and remain aesthetically pleasing, which proved to be my greatest technical challenge as well because I couldn't get the pictures to center within their cells. In regards to design, the biggest challenge I faced was deciding what I wanted to do, pretty much that there were too many little web design ideas floating around in the ole' noggin. In hindsight, I would have spent more time learning the ins and outs of Expression Web to make my site look even more impressive. I think that if I were presented with the opportunity to utilize technology and creativity in my future academic endeavors, I wouldn't hesitate to whip out my skills and pump out another cyber gem.


yes, I'm proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. Your website was fantastic! I loved all your pictures and thought your navebar was really well done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moira,

    Your website wins. Hands down. Best design.

    Bravo.


    Alex.

    ReplyDelete